Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's How I Was Raised

I arrived early for a shoot yesterday afternoon and was organizing gear in the back of my car.  As I did a young couple approached the car parked next to mine.  The gentleman opened the car door for the young lady accompanying him and then walked around to the drivers seat.  As he did I expressed to him that I liked what he had just done.  His response was thoughtfully said "It was how I was raised".  We both made each other smile and take pause for just that one moment.  

Think about how you were raised....  I'm sure most were raised similarly.  As we grow older, busier and preoccupied do we always remember to "open the door" for others?  Keep in mind how such a small gesture is appreciated - sometimes with a hint of surprise as is it not expected but warmly received. 

We are all guilty of closing the door at times.... thinking we'll "be right back"   


A reminder to think about "how you were raised" and go ahead and open a few doors.

enjoy,

k



No comments:

Post a Comment