Sunday, January 27, 2013

THE HEART OF WINTER

We're in the "heart" of winter and once again I ventured up to Gunstock for race day.  Today's race was for our youngest racers ~ just venturing out into the world of starting gates and finish lines.  As I walked around the clubhouse folks were enjoying lunch and warmup time before heading back out onto the slopes.


  Ruth and Dan were enjoying a cup of cocoa together along with a last ski day for Dan as he'll head back down south tomorrow with his band mates.

 

The rest of the "crew" were young families with their children in the U8 and U10 enjoying the camaraderie of the ski club making new friends and childhood memories.

It prompted me to put together a quick slideshow of the warmth from within our little clubhouse.  You all made me smile today ~ brought back great memories of when my two boys were younger ~ and even way back to my days on the old rope tow at Bradford Ski Area.

So go ahead.....



and put a little ketchup on your mac n' cheese

and treat every day like it's RACE DAY!  (give it a click to watch)

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment