Friday, May 2, 2014

A run down beauty


Heading out for a day to shoot "street" photography is a favorite pastime of mine.  Open for what comes my way and finding something interesting to photograph makes an hour pass like a minute.  Some things are meant to be observed - sit down and watch for a bit.  While others beg to be photographed.  This run down beauty gets passed by by many throughout any given day.  But for me with my camera she holds my attention for a spell.  My picture will hold her beauty without further neglect and decay.

A friend invited me to go see Finding Vivian Maier yesterday at Red River Theater.  If you get the chance go see this documentary film.  For a photographer it's a home run ~ for every person it's a home run.  Walking out of the theater our conversation was energized, inquisitive and thoughtful.  Photography is an important medium.  In this case kept hidden ~ when found a woman's lifetime was drawn from hundreds of thousands of exposures from her days past.  Thoughtfully done and presented.

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment