Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Workshop with Gregory Heisler

My week in Maine opened my eyes to seeing in a slightly different way
 Greg spoke of "motivating the practical" and walked us through his process of combining the ambient light with strobed lights.  LIGHT being the most important part of the photograph.  I feel like I'm the photographer that puts EMOTION first with the light being secondary.  Going forward I will be shifting gears to see the light.  
 It was a thoughtful process ~ slowed down to think through his ideas ~ not an exact science

I stored away so many ideas and thoughts to practice on my own.  The first being a trip to this old fort/jail with my friend Cathy.  Making pictures is fun but I'm learning the "process" is enjoyable as well ~ frustrating at times ~ but without a doubt always enjoyable.
enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment