Friday, June 19, 2015

Up and Down the Boardwalk

 I've spent a good amount of time doing feature work down along Lakeside Avenue at Weirs Beach during Bike Week once again this year.

I made it a point to attempt to pluck something out of the masses and find some more personal stories through my travels.  For some it was merely a quick greeting and asking if I could make a portrait….for others I stayed and talked with them for a while.

 We have some long time visitors for this particular week in June.  They come from all over the Lakes Region as well as from afar.  Many have seen changes over the years for good and for bad - all offering their opinion with a smile and respect for the event.
 It's been a fun loving group that I have had the privilege of photographing. I enjoy hearing the stories that they recall and the memories along with a chuckle or two from those "good old days"
Always fun to have people pick you out of the crowd.  I can't say that I'm a "regular" down on the boardwalk but it's always nice to see a familiar face and offered a smile.



Back at it for a couple more visits and then we'll be on to next year.

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment