Saturday, December 24, 2016

Shake Things Up


One Word  ~ Believe
Somehow I settled on the idea of a snow globe.  It combined the feeling of Christmas with the childlike quality...

"To Truly Believe"
A snow globe is a good omen
Predicting new experiences and adventures



Shake things up
When all settles back down
everything will become
more clear


Trying to come up with an idea for this one was difficult.   I kept feeling conflict.  Part of me wanted to create a positive, uplifting photo as this year winds down.  But the ideas floating through my head were more "non believing" in nature.

Tough year - trusts broken - remaining positive - moving forward.   It's a good start going into 2017.

Once I settled on the snow globe as my idea I had to come up with the "how".  I decided to see if bubbles could do the trick.

bubbles in mid-air / fail
landing on the bubble wand / fail
landing in the snow / fail
landing on pavement    Ah, now I was getting somewhere.

The bubbles changed colors as they hit the pavement.  Eventually turning blue and then vanishing.  Went to a spot where I thought there could be an interesting reflection, blew some bubbles and made my photo!

What I've learned the most throughout this past year is to believe in my instincts, my abilities and my resolve.

"It is a happy talent to know how to play" 
Ralph Waldo Emerson     

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment