Thursday, September 14, 2017

Blowing Steam

My assignment was to head up to Lee's Mill in Moultonboro for the annual Steamboat Race.
A New Hampshire tradition that's been being bringing this group of folks together for decades.  They come from far and wide; all across the US and from "across the pond".

 Plenty of fuel was seen on and around the docks
 Joe was loading up his boat for the trek over to 19 Mile Bay in Tuftonboro
Kent releasing some pressure....
Dave steaming along the shore
I don't think we could have had a more beautiful day to be out on Lake Winnipesaukee
This copper plated firebox with steam engine on the Phoenix kept us running along at about 6mph
Arrival into Tuftonboro meeting up with other steam boating friends

Second Mate John  kept us navigating on the straight and narrow
First Mate Kristie prepped lunch in the firebox and had it all ready upon arrival at the dock
Captain Clem with a twinkle in his eye and a bit of Phoenix Firewater made for smooth sailing and a purely delightful day....



As a freelance photographer my job takes me to places that allows me to meet folks I may otherwise never have the opportunity to cross paths with.  When Clem, Kristie and John invited me to join them on board their steamboat the "Phoenix" for the trek from Moultonboro to Tuftonboro I gladly accepted.  Certainly I could have come up with a few reasons as to why I shouldn't take the time out of my work day.... but then again I could come up with more reasons to accept their hospitality and go.
Life is meant to be experienced 
generosity it meant to be given
 people all around you are ready to become your friends

Reminds me of a quote from Jay Maisel...
go out open  


enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment