Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Light It Up - Use what You Know

Headshot session for John in an environmental setting.  The entire area was in open shade so it would have made for nice flat even lighting.  Nice - but I'm striving for something more than just "nice"


John commanded the dramatic look.




John's strong attitude and vibe set the tone
for his session and we went with it
creating different lighting scenarios
that matched his vibe.



Simple placement of my light
whether it be the ambient or strobe
allows me as the photographer to
dictate the tone creating diversity
within John's portfolio.



By choosing a location that creates
interest and multiple possibilities
I'm able to utilize its features to
bring separation of my subject
from the background.  In this case
using the white wall for an
extra added bounce of light.




Seeing in my mind's eye what
I want to produce within each image
and working the scene to create it.


Making my clients comfortable is
paramount.  Trust is formed within
minutes after our general introductions.
It allows my clients to be themselves.
A necessary component to create portraits
that embrace their personality.

Work - Collaborate - Create - Share






enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment