Sunday, November 5, 2017

Standing Together


I often refer to "I love where I live days" 
These are days where I am truly enjoying life,
my surroundings and the people I hang around with.

So many of us will say I wouldn't want to live anywhere else...
Don't get me wrong I do "love" where I live for many different reasons.
I'm an outdoorsy gal, I enjoy the four seasons.... etc etc

But I'm realizing the older I get that the main reason we "love where we live" is the people we have in our lives.  Family and friendships that feel like family.  People we meet and instantly feel a bond with and become fast friends.  It's what makes where we live our community.  We share this place with one another and we nurture.  


This is a photo of a grove of trees in Rambin' Vewe Farm.  A strong storm swept through this farm last week and devastated some of the trail network within it.  A group of volunteers came together on Sunday morning to clear the downed trees and open up the pathways.  
 The roar of chainsaws could be heard throughout the area for a few hours as folks worked to clear debris.  We worked together each taking a job to complete the task at hand.
 We all know that lesson.  If you stand alone it will be difficult to weather the storm.  But if you stand together you will have the strength of each person to support you and get you through. 
 I've experienced so many times when this community that I call home "comes together".  

This may have been a small thing in the grand scheme of life.  
But to me it's as grand as those trees that stand strong beside one another in that forest grove.

And for the record this was absolutely one of my "I love where I live days....!"

enjoy,

k

1 comment: