Friday, December 5, 2014

Laugh Lines

The more I make portraits for clients the more I tune in to how people feel about themselves.  This includes those times when I take on myself.  I will want to try out a new thought with lighting or backdrop and have no model available; but won't want to be my own "model".  Fortunately for me my job supersedes my self confidence and 8 times out of 10 the photographer in me wins.

These sessions give me insight on the technical aspects of my work ~ but more importantly they bring a much more personal acceptance than I ever could have imagined.

I feel silly ~ I laugh ~ I get uncomfortable ~ I get comfortable ~ these are the things I want my clients to feel when I'm making their portraits.  The last thing I want them to think about is "can you photoshop ________ out" (insert least favorite body part/s or facial feature/s)


We are all much too hard on ourselves.  We need to view ourselves with the kindness and respect that we view others.

~ Laugh ~ Be Silly ~ 
~ Allow your inner self to take center stage ~ 
~ your outer self is the under study ~

Try looking at your laugh lines in a new light….and have a chuckle or two!

enjoy,

k


No comments:

Post a Comment