Friday, January 8, 2016

Right Out of the Gate ~ Story #5

Story #5

I've come to realize as a photographer I'm quirky.  What I find amusing is just that ~ it's what I find amusing.  It may not amuse or appeal to you and that's okay.   Different strokes for different folks and all that hullabaloo.   Something sparked inside of me as I opened the shutters of our room and noticed this smoke stack in early dawn and one window with the light on.  I had just gotten out of bed and resisted the urge to grab my camera right off.  But I will admit it was just moments later when I again looked out the window to see a man sheet rocking the walls in that one lit room.  I couldn't grab my camera fast enough.  That was a trigger if I ever saw one.  Might not have triggered everyone but it triggered me.  Heck - who wouldn't be triggered by watching a guy slinging mud!


After watching him pass by the window a couple of times I packed up my gear and we headed off to breakfast.  It gave me that feeling that it's going to be a good day.  I was dropping Jim off at the mountain for 815 and didn't have to be back until 430.  Wasn't sure how I was going to fill my day or where it was going to unfold so off I went with a sense of adventure, that "good day" feeling and my trusty GPS.

At the end it was just that ~ meeting new people and sharing  ~ connecting and creating stories ~ a good day indeed!


enjoy,

k

5 comments: