Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Goddess of Spring


 I made time this afternoon to go out and look for some photographs that would speak to the "pop" of spring.  Everything around us is turning green, growing and leading us towards the start of summer.  This is one of my favorite rituals of the changing seasons - and to me the most striking.

A spectacular day!  The air was warm, the breeze soft.
Tones of green in every shade and hue.  The earth is sprouting.

When I made this photo I saw within the frame the female figure in the background.  I loved the leaves and the play of light on them - but I found that I was noticing more the figure behind.

So after a quick search on Google I came up with this....

Persephone the Greek Goddess of Spring.  Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.  Abducted by Hades, became his wife and was the queen of the underworld.  It was decided that Persephone spend four months in the underworld and eight months on earth.

Her return marks the start of the spring.




I don't know 
about you 
but it sounds 
Greek to me! 

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment