Sunday, September 15, 2013

Polished and Proper

Headed "downtown" on Saturday to an inaugural Coffee Festival.  Main Street was closed to vehicle traffic and instead was bustling with people and vendors enjoying some aspect of coffee on what was a splendid fall day.  I so thoroughly enjoyed seeing the vibrance and activity happening in these streets that are too often quiet and truly hope that activities such as this become commonplace.  

 As I was standing in line for my iced coffee I noticed this barbershop right in front of me.  As a photographer I find that I become drawn into a scene on occasion and the gravitational pull can't be ignored.  This was the case with the Polished and Proper Barbershop.  This first image I took standing outside the window - you could say I was salivating but already had my iced coffee in hand so thirst had been quenched.
 But the draw to go inside was strong and with an invite from the owner Breanna - inside I went.   It was dark and rich and these two young men just fit so perfectly into the scene it was like a caffeine high without the caffeine!


And while I'll be the first to admit I have a long way to go with my photography....for this brief little step back in time I felt "Polished and Proper" and quite happy with the images I took.  And am certainly looking forward to my next visit "downtown".


enjoy,

k




No comments:

Post a Comment