Sunday, December 13, 2015

One Word ~ BURNED

One Word Project ~ Burned

This word prompted memory of an expression my mom would say when something made her angry. "That burns me"  
So in the spirit of this project I chose to convey what that is to me through a photograph. 
Oddly enough this particular word did "burn me".  My first attempt was a total fail - I was getting too cheesy in my execution.   Additionally, I couldn't get the flashes to work in the way that I wanted them to.  It was time to put it away to revisit on another day.  

Funny though as I was packing up I looked at the used match heads sitting in the dish and thought maybe I have my photo right there.

It told a story in its own way...
Metaphorically speaking when you get burned too may times in life eventually you will break.  
Luckily though once broken you won't get burned.


Today I noticed my notes and decided I needed to revisit my concept and figure out how to make the repeating flash work off camera.  I'm not one to give up and perseverance after failure is the only option.  So after working through a few glitches I figured out the process and came up with my photo.



Let perseverance take hold and at the end of the day you'll come out on fire!

enjoy,

k


No comments:

Post a Comment