Wednesday, January 18, 2017

One Word ~ Speed


I tossed the word "speed" out there and truly thought I'd be coming up with something to do with fast movement - blur perhaps.  But as I've learned through this project the ideas come their own way and in their own sweet time.  So I wasn't surprised when my train of thought was heading down the road of shutter speed and speed of light. 

Combining these two elements became a little more tricky - but after a day or two the ideas began to gel and I went to work down in my basement.  Setting up my camera for a triple exposure with my flash firing three times during each exposure to give three distinct views of my face within one single image.  When I had two images I went into Photoshop and merged them into one final image presenting six faces. 

Caption:    Sixth Sense ~ intuition; giving awareness not explained through normal perception 


"If you don't have anything to say you will force a photograph."  If it is something you've lived - know and love - and feel -  it's a subject you want to hold high for your reason then the photograph will not be forced.  It will flow from you in every important way."
                                                                               Sam Abell

enjoy,

k

Some of the nerdy details:
6 second exposure at f22 with a single flash firing on low power zoomed in at 200mm for three consecutive exposures within one frame.
Started putting things together at 4:27:47 and worked until 4:47:03
      ~ took just under 20 minutes to realize what I was trying was not working.
Ditched a prop and tried again starting at 4:48:51 and ending at 4:57:45
      ~ just under 10 minutes to shoot five triple exposure frames.
Selected two of those frames and combined them in Photoshop for my final image.
36 seconds total exposure time ~ Speed.

These are the two photos that were merged....








No comments:

Post a Comment