Monday, January 22, 2018

The Squawking GOAT

Once again we gathered for our weekly football game as the season extends and the Patriots advance forward to win their spot in the Super Bowl.  Our "theme" this week was the North vs the South.  As our research began we found that Jacksonville is quite the "foodie" city.  So we all had some fun with our recipes choices.  I came across the Maple Street Biscuit Co. and their "Squawking Goat" sandwich.  The minute I read that I knew that's what I'd be bringing to the table.  It made me chuckle - and I love a good chuckle.


Starts with a buttery biscuit...

...then a good portion of Fried Chicken

 Goat
Cheese medallions....

 ....all topped with a slathering of Hot Pepper Jelly.




Our football gatherings have always been about getting together - enjoying great friends along with great food and typically some darn good football.

Now, as we advance into the Super Bowl I can't wait to see what we come up with for our "Minnesota Theme".

Lovin' our Squad!

enjoy,

k


1 comment:

  1. Something to look forward to every week! Love our squad

    ReplyDelete