Sunday, April 26, 2020

Into the Mountains

Jim and I have always been "into the mountains"

Hiking has been a pastime for us since we met back in 1980.
We feel lucky to live in a place that offers hundreds of options of all shapes and sizes.  From those practically on our doorstep to others a hop and skip up the road.

This day we picked the yellow trial as our hiking "spot".  I brought along my camera with that same feeling in mind - and attached my pinhole lens.   A pinhole lens allows a pin-sized hole of light to make an exposure.  Exposure times need to be longer to allow for light to seep in.








A steep climb at the onset - just Jim and I hiking up the trailhead.  There was plenty of time for such long exposures.


I also threw the nifty fifty into my pack to expose the naked eye view.

Looking out from the ledge was spectacular and gave us a clear shot of "home".   Yes, we did see a hand full of fellow hikers.  All of us kept physically distanced allowing a social banter that reflected the enjoyment of this day. 
 On our way down we took a moment and walked towards the "VIEW"
Complete with a lovely stone perch and a picnic table and a note book for thoughts.
 I enjoyed reading this one from 2019 - I do hope that this lad comes back up with another batch of sesame noodles and takes in the view!
A few thoughts as we sat and took in the view at the end of our hike

why we hike
hiking has a vulnerability
and simplicity to it
it helps us relax
clears the mind
it's good for the body
a powerful cardio workout
lowers risk of heart disease


and honestly, at the end of the day
it's beats going to the liquor store!


enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment