Thursday, July 2, 2020

Medallion

I recently stopped into the Colonial Theater after receiving a call to come pick up a "gift".   I've been working inside of the theater watching as she's being restored to her original glory and in doing so have had the opportunity to meet some of the fine folks crafting the work.  Doug and Albert are part of the "plastering" team.  I've been able to watch first hand as they transform pieces into works of art to be affixed into their proper places.  

I was delighted to get the call to come pick up one of the medallions from the theater.  Doug will be heading back to his home state of California after working on the project for over 5 months.  He hopes to come back but aptly so is ready to be going home.  

Medallion:  I looked up the meaning and one word stuck out "worthy" 

Carefully wrapped in a pile of hemp was a circular medallion that was crafted by Doug - the same as the medallions that will hang inside the theater.  
I was truly honored to be one of the few that received such a thoughtful gift.  

The walls throughout the Colonial Theater will soon grace these pieces restored as visitors return to the theater from near and far.     




















I'm honored that the wall of my home is worthy to have a small slice of history to share with those that stop by.  

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment