Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Life At the Lake

During a recent recce shoot I made a stop at Silver Lake in Tilton to take photos giving an overview of the area around the public launch.  After speaking with some kayakers heading for the water that afternoon I knew I would be coming back for a revisit.    
Jim and I put our kayaks in for a sunset paddle.  We meandered around the lake.   Many shallow spots offering lovely vistas of life at the lake.  It's a relaxing way to end the day - you can't help but take deep breaths and unwind.
As the sun began to set it made for wonderful light on my subject!  While I missed the "ducks all in row" shot behind Jim's kayak I did manage to get this one of Jim paddling along.  

A little further down the lake a few shots of a Great Egret and Blue Heron.  
This fellow played right into the early evening light...
   casting the individual feathers in his wings  into beautiful light
such lovely elegance ...
This fellow was having a late night snack
success!
...guess he wasn't into sharing

I will return for more....

enjoy,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment